Skilled workers and professionals
All individuals who are considering applying on or after May 4 should be aware that if their application does not meet the new criteria, it will not be processed. A prospective applicant should ensure they meet at least one of the following requirements:
They have at least one year of continuous work experience in one of the 24 eligible occupations;
They have a qualifying offer of arranged employment (*note changes to the arranged employment process were previously published in this web notice); or
They are eligible to apply through the PhD stream.
If prospective applicants are confident that they meet at least one of the above requirements, they must also meet the minimum language threshold and obtain an educational credential assessment (if submitting a foreign educational credential).
Eligible Occupations List
The eligible occupations stream will have an overall cap of 5,000 new applications and sub-caps of 300 applications in each of the 24 occupations on the list.
Eligible occupations (with their corresponding 2011 National Occupation Classification code:
- 0211 Engineering managers
- 0112 Financial and investment analysts
- 2113 Geoscientists and oceanographers
- 2131 Civil engineers
- 2132 Mechanical engineers
- 2134 Chemical engineers
- 2143 Mining engineers
- 2144 Geological engineers
- 2145 Petroleum engineers
- 2146 Aerospace engineers
- 2147 Computer engineers (except software engineers/designers)
- 2154 Land surveyors
- 2174 Computer programmers and interactive media developers
- 2243 Industrial instrument technicians and mechanics
- 2263 Inspectors in public and environmental health and occupational health and safety
- 3141 Audiologists and speech-language pathologists
- 3142 Physiotherapists
- 3143 Occupational Therapists
- 3211 Medical laboratory technologists
- 3212 Medical laboratory technicians and pathologists’ assistants
- 3214 Respiratory therapists, clinical perfusionists and cardiopulmonary technologists
- 3215 Medical radiation technologists
- 3216 Medical sonographers
- 3217 Cardiology technicians and electrophysiological diagnostic technologists, n.e.c. (not elsewhere classified)
If your application is eligible to be processed, we will then assess it to see if your work experience is valid.
Your work experience must be:
- for at least one year in the same occupation,
- continuous and paid (full-time or an equal amount in part-time),within the last 10 years,
- skill type 0 (managerial occupations) or
- skill level A (professional occupations) or
- skill level B (technical occupations and skilled trades)Language abilityYou must meet minimum language level and include the results of a language test from an agency approved by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) when you apply that shows you meet the minimum language requirement of Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 7EducationYou must have:About the application cap
Due to the large number of applications we get, we can only consider a limited number of applications per year. Between May 4, 2013, and April 30, 2014, we will consider no more than 5,000 complete FSW applications for processing. Within the 5,000 cap, we will consider no more than 300 applications per eligible occupation for processing within this same time frame.
This does not apply if you:Proof of fundsYou must also show that you have enough money to support yourself and your family after you arrive in Canada.
You will need to show proof to the Canadian visa office in your home country that you have enough money when you apply to immigrate.
- a Canadian diploma, certificate, or credential
- a foreign educational credential, and an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) by an agency approved by CIC to show it is equal to a completed Canadian secondary or post-secondary educational credential.
- have a valid offer of arranged employment or
- are applying under the PhD stream (there is a cap of 1,000 applications in this stream, from May 4, 2013 to April 30, 2014).
|Name of family members||funds required(in candaian dollars)|
|7 or more||$29,414|
You do not have to show that you have these funds if:
- you have a valid offer of arranged employment in Canada AND
- you are currently working or authorized to work in Canada.
- Contact us TODAY TO CHECK YOUR ELIGIBILTY