TEMPORARY IMMIGRATION: Visit to Canada
Every year, more than 35 million people visit Canada to enjoy the many opportunities our country has to offer, including visiting family and friends. Depending on where you live, you will need to meet certain entry requirements.
Canada world’s second largest country is one of the most exciting and preferred destination for the tourists. More than 35 million people visit Canada every year. Canada gives worm welcome to the visitors. Canada is an advanced G-7 nation offering the best standard of living. If you want to visit Canada, you may need a visa. Canada requires citizens from some countries and territories to get a visa before they can enter Canada. To enter Canada, all visitors, except those exempt by regulation, must obtain a Temporary Resident Visa or, as it is usually called, visitor visa.
If you are granted visit you can stay up to a period of six months however you are not allowed to work in Canada it only gives you right to enter Canada for a temporary period. You must also ensure that you leave Canada before the expiry of your visa.
A visitor visa is a document issued by Immigration Canada which shows that a foreign individual has satisfied the Canadian visa requirements for admission as a visitor at the time of application. Your spouse, common law partner and dependent children over 18 years of age will need to apply for their own visiting visas and meet the appropriate criteria.
Even if you are granted Visit Visa to Canada that does not necessarily mean that at the port of entry the Immigration Officer will admit you in to Canada. At the port of entry you are required to satisfy to the Immigration Officer about your purpose of visit to Canada. The Immigration Officer can deny admission to all who in their opinion do not intend to leave the country at the expiry of Visit Visa. As a general rule, tourist visa will be granted for a period of six months. However the Immigration Officer may grant permission to remain in Canada for a period lesser than six even if you hold valid visa for longer period.
For getting Visitor Visa to Canada you are required to demonstrate to the visa officer that:
1. You have significant family, social, economic and cultural ties to their country of origin.
2. You have sufficient funds available with you to support you and your family for the duration of your visit.
3. You do not intend to seek or undertake employment.
4. You do not have criminal record and intend to abide by the laws of the country.
5. You will not pose a security risk.
6. You intend to go out of Canada at the expiry of the visa.
7. You should be medically fit. (You may be required to undergo medical examination, if required).
8. Applicants must also satisfy visa officer that there is no risk that they will overextend their visit to Canada.
Types of Visit Visa
A single entry Canada Visitor Visa:
Single entry Visa for Canada is valid for a period of six months only and allows you to visit Canada only once (unless traveling to the US or St. Pierre and Miquelon). You can apply for extension if you wish however it should be ensured that an application for extension is made at least 30 days before expiry of visa.
A Multiple Entry Canada Visitor Visa:
In multiple entries Visit Visa to Canada you may enter and depart on multiple occasions during the validity of the Visa. Under this Visa an applicant is required to specify that for what period visa is required (not exceeding 6 months). However it would be at the discretion of the case officer to decide how long it should be awarded.
A Transit Canada Visitor Visa:
This visa is designed for those who want to visit Canada for a period of 48 hours or less while in Transit. For example, if your mode of transport has to stop in Canada and you are from a country that requires you to have a visa to visit Canada, you will require a Transit Visa.
How can we help you?
Most of the applicant while making application of own making number of common mistakes. They submit documents as per the check list given in the visa list however, the each of the applicants has different back ground and documents differ from applicants to applicants. You may be required to produce documents beyond general provided in the check list. You are required to satisfy to the visa officer about ties in Canada and also about your intention to come back at the end of the visa period. Hence requirement of documents to be submission along with Visit Visa application differ in each case. We can help you in following ways:
1. Providing professional help in preparing your application for you and each of the family members accompanying you.
2. Keeping you abreast with the changes in the regulation and requirement relating to Visit Visa to Canada.
3. Preparing and submit application package for a visitor visa;
4. Preparing documents required to be attached to the application for the Visit Visa.
5. Preparing your case in case you are rejected Visitor Visa earlier.
6. Booking Air ticket booking and places to be visited in Canada.
7. Preparing for the interview in case you are required to appear for the interview with the visa officer.