TEMPORARY IMMIGRATION: Work Permit to Canada
The Canadian labour market is facing a considerable shortage. Many companies are desperately looking for skilled workers and executives to help … You may not need a work permit to work temporarily in Canada. Working in Canada could be through skilled migration or employer’s sponsorship, other skilled workers can apply for a regular work permit.
Each year, Canada welcomes close to 100,000 foreign nationals who are coming to o work in Canada. A Canadian work permit is a temporary resident visa issued by Citizenship and Immigration Canada. This is nothing but permission to foreign workers seeking to engage in employment in Canada. This is normally valid for a period between one year to three years. As per the Canadian laws work is defined as any activity for which an individual receives payment, or one that competes directly with Canadian citizens or permanent residents in the Canadian labour market.
Normally, Work Permits will only be granted by Canadian immigration authorities and supported “Labour Market Opinion” (LMO). LMO is nothing but approval issued by Human Resources and Social Development Canada (HRSDC), indicating that the proposed employment will not adversely affect Canadian workers. However, foreign workers seeking to be employed in the province of Quebec may be additionally required to obtain a Certificat d’acceptation du Québec (CAQ) to be eligible.
A work permit is not an immigration document. It does not allow you to live in Canada permanently. To live here permanently, you must qualify under an immigration category, such as skilled worker. Live-in caregivers can stay in Canada permanently if they meet certain requirements.
HOW DO WE HELP YOU?
- Determining whether you are eligible for the work permit in Canada.
- Finding employer best suited to your educational back ground and experience.
- .Arranging your interview with the employer with High Tech Video Cameras in our offices located nearest to your place or in arranging telephonic interview for your selection by the employer.
- .Getting employment contract from employer and applying for LMO (Labour Market Opinion) HRDSC approval from the Service Canada.
- .Preparing and submission of application for the work permit in embassy
- Settlement services in Canada
- Assistance is applying for permanent residence with family