Open Work Permit
Typically, for an applicant to work in Canada, they would need a positive LMIA. However, certain individuals are eligible for Open Work Permits and can bypass this requirement.
Foreigners that are eligible for an Open Work permit:
- Spouse/common-law partner being sponsored for Permanent Residence through an Inland Spousal Sponsorship Applicaton
- Spouse/common-law partner of a Temporary Foreign Worker
- I.e. if your spouse or common-law partner has a work permit, you can get an open work permit as well.
- Spouse/common-law partners of International Students studying in Canada
- International Students who recently graduated from a Canadian post-secondary institution can apply for a Post-Graduation Open Work Permit
- International Experience Canada (IEC) Candidates (Working Holiday)