+1 (905) 455-5000


  • Home
  • Open Work Permit

Open Work Permit

Typically, for an applicant to work in Canada, they would need a positive LMIA. However, certain individuals are eligible for Open Work Permits and can bypass this requirement.

Foreigners that are eligible for an Open Work permit:

  • Spouse/common-law partner being sponsored for Permanent Residence through an Inland Spousal Sponsorship Applicaton
  • Spouse/common-law partner of a Temporary Foreign Worker
    • I.e. if your spouse or common-law partner has a work permit, you can get an open work permit as well.
  • Spouse/common-law partners of International Students studying in Canada
  • International Students who recently graduated from a Canadian post-secondary institution can apply for a Post-Graduation Open Work Permit
  • International Experience Canada (IEC) Candidates (Working Holiday)
Need Help? Chat with us